To participate in the 4th International Youth to Youth Summit in Sweden, you have to:
- be a citizen of any country across the world;
- be no younger than 18 and no older than 35 years old;
- demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and potential to become a key leader in your community;
- have passion to create positive social change and willingness to use Y2Y experience in your leadership position;
- have some experience active either in politics (local, national, or international), civil society organizations, media, the business sector, local communities, faith based movements, and other fields;
- have a good working knowledge of written and spoken English;
The deadline for the application process for international participants is on the 31st of January, 2018.
Applications for the Swedish participants will open on the 01st of February and close on the 28th of February 2018.
The participation fee is 300 EUR that covers accommodation, food, materials for sessions and all expenses related to the successful organization of the event. The participation cost has been set with a view that it is considerably affordable for participants coming from all backgrounds. Participants are expected to cover their traveling expenses to and from Sweden and visa costs.
Every year we are working on fundraising money for travel scholarships for outstanding international delegates but we cannot guarantee any financial support. It is up to the participants to fundraise money for their expenses, however, our team can assist with fundraising.
We believe that by helping participants to fundraise money for their own travel costs is more useful than just providing a financial support. Y2Y fundraising team is ready to consult and advise you on successful sponsorship or crowdfunding campaigns. Therefore if only money stops you from applying, don’t worry! We will help you!
Announcement of all successful candidates will be done by the end of January, 2018
An electronic version of acceptance letter will be issued to all shortlisted candidates. It can be used for your visa application, but it is personal responsibility of the applicant to obtain a visa in time for the Summit. It is crucial to start as soon as possible since application process may take some time.
The program of the Summit will be intense, therefore if you want to visit Sweden and Malmö in particular, we advise you to arrive a few days before the Summit or stay a few days longer after the event.